Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good bye winter, hello spring!

 
 

To me nothing says spring like my birth flower, the charming daffodil! 




We were in England in late February, many years ago, and the daffodils were blooming in the fields and woods.







I love daffodils in all the colors!

Many years ago, when I planted my first flower garden, it was an all white garden and my daffodils were white varieties.  The largest and prettiest was called "Mt. Hood."


Daffodils make lovely arrangements, whether humble:






Or formal:

Carolyne Roehm
 
 Carolyne Roehm

Or in between:






Carolyne Roehm

Carolyne Roehm
  

 They make lovely bridal bouquets, as well:





 The lowly Daffodil also has it's own fairy!


 Bring on the sunshine!  Welcome Spring!


All images are courtesy of Pinterest.  Photographs also include pinterest posts from Carolyne Roehm and Veranda magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment