Sunday, December 15, 2013

GORGEOUS CHRISTMAS TREES

I LOVE DECORATING A TREE FOR CHRISTMAS!  HERE ARE A FEW TREES THAT I FOUND ON PINTEREST AND WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU!   THE FIRST GROUP ARE CELEBRITY TREES.

Robert Latham sets the bar for the most opulent tree....


Style guru Carolyn Roehm has exquisite taste.  Here are three of her Christmas tree photos over the years.  I love the pair of undecorated trees flanking the fireplace.


 




 This tree is at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.


Photographer Peter Vitale's tree in Santa Fe has all the Spanish Colonial items that I love.  The tree topper is a Milagro!


I have always loved this photo that once graced the cover of Veranda.  The trees have clear glass ornaments.


This tree was in the veranda of the White House this year.  I think the use of colored ornaments is so clever!

I particularly like this tree, decorated with icicles, only!

Here are a few more random trees that I thought are attractive.  Obviously I like trees that are full of decorations!



The tree below has an Eiffel tower topper!




I love the unconventional use of ribbon on this tree.

 
  The tree below appears to be decorated only with lights.


I love the tree box instead of a tree stand and skirt.  I have several tree "boxes."


I love the urn used for a tree stand, too.  It is very classic!




This lovely tree appears to have branches that have been removed for that airy look!


I love this simple tree, too.






 How about a table top sugar plum tree? 


 Now for a few of my favorite unconventional trees!  How about a tree made out of wine bottles?


Or a tree with villages nestled among the branches?



This tree was called a "Cook's tree."  Probably because of the fruit.



I also love these last two "tiny" trees:



Now for my trees....which I also rather like.  This was in the great room in Arizona this year.  The tree stand was a Corinthian column from Wisteria.

 And the topper was a star burst mirror.



The tree in the dining room was in my gold "tree box." 


It was decorated only in "egg" ornaments.


Here are some past trees in Arizona:  

 My very first tree was probably in 2006 or 2007,  It was decorated all in red and the decorations were pretty sparse because I had to buy everything in Arizona for that house.  This tree was the next year and I was getting in to the "fiesta" spirit with my colors!



In 2009, I used silver ornaments and the tree was topped by a Santos topper from Ballard Designs.





In Minnesota in 2006 I tried a live tree in an urn:


   Apparently, in 2007, I used a "white" theme on the tree.

 

Our Minnesota tree in 2008 didn't have many decorations on it....mostly gold pinecones and and nuts and any other gold/bronze ornaments that we already had!  I think I was getting a little lazy these years because I knew that I would be going to Arizona for the winter, right after Christmas and I didn't want to have a lot to put away after Christmas!


And the last tree in Minnesota.  This tree also had egg ornaments and crosses on it.  I would like to say it had a "Russian" theme, but I really think that I didn't want to dig out all of the ornaments that we have! 


And now for our home in Iowa:

I believe this was in 2011, our first Christmas tree there.






In 2012 our tree was similar, but with far more ornaments on it.  I got all of our ornaments out!  I also did a mini tree in red, white and blue in honor of the lakes area.






I hope you have enjoyed my little trip down memory lane.... happy holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment