Monday, December 17, 2012

THIS WEEK LAST YEAR

Happy Holidays!  Are you getting into the holiday spirit yet?

This weekend last year, my husband treated me to a weekend at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead (Atlanta) GA.  We attended a holiday show house which I have already blogged about, but we also visited five wonderful antique stores and malls.  I have never blogged about the gorgeous things that we saw (and I wanted!) So here goes:


This piece has the crest of Marie Antoinette on it!  I can't believe it was for sale.  I would have loved it for the Arizona house.  Love the sunburst effect!

I also saw several Black Forest items that I coveted for the lake house.





There was a pair of terra cotta figures that I liked but really didn't need.



 There were fabulous Cream ware and Tortoiseshell everywhere!


 There was a store that had a lot of rustic items.  Since moving to the lake, I have become enamored with Black Forest, Tramp Art, Victorian Shell Art and rustic items.  I loved the frames on the mirrors and pictures!





And there was Majolica!  


The above pieces were Victorian Wedgwood.

 And there was an asparagus tray and drainer that I don't have in my collection.

 

Also a few different Asparagus plates....


A wonderful smoking item...


I promised my husband a while back that I would stop collecting Majolica if I got: 1) a cheese bell, 2.) a Palissy plate, 3.) A sardine box, and 4.) a game pie dish and 5.) a gurgling fish pitcher.


They had a Palissy plate, but I didn't get it.


My husband purchased several wicker flasks for himself, and a Victorian hanging hat rack for the lake home and this was my prize!  A late 19th Century Minton game pie dish.The cover is molded with a rabbit, coot and mallard on a bed of ferns and oak leaves, the osier molded base with a turquoise interior, without a liner, 36cm wide.  I scored!!!  






I got the gurgling fish pitcher and sardine box this summerJust the cheese bell and Palissy plate to go!  Will I have withdrawal?  I do like hunting for Majolica!

Stay tuned...holiday entertaining to follow....


No comments:

Post a Comment